Hannah's World!

Hannah's World!
A Character

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Since we last posted. . .

So since we last posted, Hannah has turned 1, is tap dancing and can say "Daddy, would you take me to the park so that we can swing and slide? . . . . . pleeeeeease?".

Ok, not really!  But seriously, all kinds of things are happening.  She DID turn 1.  And what a fun time we had turning one.  She got to where she would hold up her "1" finger when we asked how old she was.  She smiled and sometimes laughed when we sang Happy Birthday.

She got a swing, a set of bells, a musical drum and a ball this season.  She loves them all!  Swinging is quite a spectacular thing, she says.  She seems to respond naturally to musical things like drums and bells, oh, and Sarah's guitar and djembe (African Drum).


She is using sign language for  "please", "Light on", "light off" and "that "or "you" (translation: pointing at something).  She points to which food she wants at mealtime now.  She points to whatever it is she wants then signs "please", and, of course, she gets it!  For instance, she now knows what a fire and a fireplace is and loves it.  So one Sunday afternoon around 3:30 Hannah and I (Brad) are playing in the floor in the den.  She points to the fireplace and signs "please". . . .so we had a fire that Sunday afternoon at 3:30!

She is standing with the help of a prop.  She is quite verbal and expressive.  Most mornings we hear her in her crib chatting with her toys and stuffed animals.  She still does lip trills and monster noises.  She is VERY social in the store.  She must wave and get a response from everyone she sees, even those people who are uncomfortable around babies.  She'll lean over and wave even more for them!

Our friends Bob and Libby, who are letting us borrow most of the things we have for her, let us borrow a little lion that is designed to walk behind or ride on.  Sharon attached a rope to it and pulls Hannah around the house with it.  She LOVES that !

She can now eat banana unmashed and loves it.  She tries to bite of half of the banana at one time, so I have to put my finger on the banana at a certain point so that she doesn't, literally bite off more than she can chew!  This morning she ate raisin toast and some of Mommy's eggs.  At our friend Cris' house the other day, she ate some of Cris' chicken croissant dish, green beans and macaroni and cheese.  With mommy the other day she had baked potato soup.

She points appropriately to her head during 5 Little Monkeys, 'bumped his head'.  She also is doing the motions to "Head Shoulders, Knees and Toes".  She gets head, knees, toes, eyes, ears, mouth and nose.

She's still way too cute for words.  We wish you could all be along side us to witness her life and growth and cuteness!

2 comments:

Becca Daws said...

Hi Sharon,

This is Becca Daws whom you worked with at North Point. You shared your story with me one Fall day in 2007 and God greatly used you to give me hope that day. Hope that I desperately needed.

You might remember that I went to the same fertility practice as you -- just a different doc. He told me and my OB come to find out - that I would probably never get pregnant, and if I did, I'd probably lose the baby in the 1st or 2nd trimester because of my uterus only being half the normal size.

On November 10th, 2008, I gave birth to our son, Grant, at 39 weeks -- a healthy full-term miracle gift from God. I was able to get pregnant and carry him with almost no complications. Our God is so big and always has the final word.

I just wanted to share that with you and thank you for encouraging me that day. That is one of those days in life where I can point to and see God's mighty hand at work.

Your family is beautiful!

Take care,
Becca

Becca Daws said...

Hi Sharon,

This is Becca Daws whom you worked with at North Point. You shared your story with me one Fall day in 2007 and God greatly used you to give me hope that day. Hope that I desperately needed.

You might remember that I went to the same fertility practice as you -- just a different doc. He told me and my OB come to find out - that I would probably never get pregnant, and if I did, I'd probably lose the baby in the 1st or 2nd trimester because of my uterus only being half the normal size.

On November 10th, 2008, I gave birth to our son, Grant, at 39 weeks -- a healthy full-term miracle gift from God. I was able to get pregnant and carry him with almost no complications. Our God is so big and always has the final word.

I just wanted to share that with you and thank you for encouraging me that day. That is one of those days in life where I can point to and see God's mighty hand at work.

Your family is beautiful!

Take care,
Becca