Hannah's World!

Hannah's World!
A Character

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Signs and Symptoms

The first week of April 2007, Brad & I took my mom to Sarasota, FL on a family vacation. It was just what the doctor ordered for her…& for me. About 3-4 days into the vacation, Brad looked at me with a twinkle in his eye and said “You’re pregnant.”
“I am not! I can’t be pregnant.” I laughed back at him. 22 Days were up though. I knew something was different. My mother and I were actually involved in a parasailing accident that week. Don’t think that the Spirit doesn’t talk to us anymore, because as I crashed into the ocean my last thought was ‘and I’m pregnant!’ fearing miscarriage. Brad stood on the boat watching in horror as mom, a cancer patient, and his wife went plunging into the ocean only to be dragged under water for several feet. Brad’s thought, ‘she will surely miscarry.’ Praise God we both survived the accident. No sign of miscarriage but we hadn’t taken a pregnancy test either. I’m not sure when exactly I felt this on that vacation, but sometime that week I felt strongly that I was carrying a boy.

By two or three weeks later I had several signs of pregnancy (having already noticed some in Florida). The significant addition to my symptoms was ‘morning sickness’. Such a misnomer ! I was nauseated morning, day, afternoon, evening, night, middle-of-the-night & still not taking a pregnancy test. I was polling my co-workers & friends for a good Ob/Gyn as I had changed insurance with a new job just a few months prior. I called two of the recommended doctor’s office and one set up an appointment for me immediately. I took a pregnancy test the night before my doctor’s visit as we had still not ‘confirmed’ all the signs. It was positive.

No comments: