Hannah's World!

Hannah's World!
A Character

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Worship Service

Brad and I went to my new Doctor the next day. She took notes on our story & my diagnosis with Asherman’s, handing her copies of the report as well. We were ourselves in that we included statements about our God, our Creator and our trust in Him throughout the story. She would smile as she wrote, finally looking up & saying ‘what is it you do for a living?’ I was telling her I worked at North Point Community Church in Alpharetta when she interrupted with ‘that’s my church!’ We suddenly had a lot in common. The most significant being an understanding that God is our Creator and what it means to have a relationship with Him. After answering several questions related to the ‘signs & symptoms’ she proceeded with a pelvic ultrasound. She said ‘I’m sorry…’ We were frozen. Nothing. My bladder was too full to see anything. Emptied my bladder. Tried again. Nothing. Our hearts were dropping. She had us go down the hall to the 3D-4D ultrasound room. I remember feeling very cold.

My doctor introduced me to the ultrasound tech, “I’d like you to meet Ms. Asherman and we think she’s pregnant.” The technician froze & questioned ‘Really?’
“Yes. We’d like to take a look.” the doctor responded.
I lay on the table, breathing with effort & said, “I’m sorry, let me just get comfortable.” At that moment Brad witnessed my doctor throw her arms and hands way up in the air & worship. Brad was leaning down to whisper to me that the doctor just threw her hands in the air when the ultrasound technician said “Momma, it’s a lot more fun if you’ll look at the screen.”

I turned to see our little Sprout waving at us! Greeting us with all the energy he/she could muster. All nine weeks of him/her: the head, the body, arm buds, leg buds. We all cried, rejoiced, hollered. It’s hard to say who was the most excited but I will say that we all worshiped & rejoiced and we didn’t care who heard us. It was beautiful! The technician had to ask me (eventually) to be as still as possible as my crying/rejoicing was bouncing my healthy uterus all over the screen.

The technician looked hard for adhesions, any sign of an obliterated uterus. Nothing. It looked normal. It was healed. All looked well & our nine-week old baby was happy to be discovered! And we worshiped!

No comments: